Angie offers therapeutic massage using a blend of therapies, focusing on abdominal therapy, pregnancy, lymphatic, and therapeutic touch. Therapeutic massage aims to relieve stress, tension, and congestion in the body, releasing acute and chronic pain or discomfort, with various amounts of pressure.
Angie offers 60 or 90 minute treatments on their own, or as an integral part of the Rest and Digest program.
Therapeutic massage is great for the following, but not limited to:
- low back, hip, sciatic, SI, pelvic floor pain or discomfort
- chronic or acute digestive problems
- abdominal bloating, cramping, discomfort, or pain
- painful and/or irregular periods, fertility challenges
- chronic stress, fatigue, headaches, migraines
- compromised immune system
- scar tissue, abdominal surgery recovery
- lymphatic congestion and/or swelling
- chronic skin conditions
- frequent urination/incontinence
- prolapsed organ, hemorrhoids, varicose veins
- painful intercourse
Pregnancy is a time when a woman's body goes through many changes and can endure tremendous stress due to dramatic physical and emotional changes.
Getting regular bodywork is a great way to help make this the best experience possible! Appointments are recommended anytime during pregnancy, unless serious complications arise.
Pregnancy massage is great for the following, but not limited to:
- increases the systems of flow (circulation, blood, lymph, nerves, and energy) to all organs, especially to uterine muscles, pelvic floor, and to placenta and baby
- pain relief (back, hips, pelvic floor, etc)
- optimal uterine and fetal position for healthiest pregnancy and easiest labor
- improved alignment and flexibility of pelvic bones
- improved potential for the sacrum, "magic bone of fertility", to oscillate during labor
- increased nerve conduction through the sacrum to improve conduction to uterus and cervix
- protection of uterine ligaments due to exaggerated stretching
- increases bonding with mother and baby
- emotional support
- improved digestion with better absorption of nutrients and elimination of waste
- reduces digestive problems (constipation, acid reflux, etc)
- improved sleep
- reduced tension and anxiety
- improved breathing and relaxation
- decreases congestion and swelling
This is a holistic program that supports and enhances digestive function through therapeutic massage and wellness coaching. In addition to receiving bi monthly massages during the course of the three months, there will be weekly check-ins and support. The initial appointment is 2-3 hours and will go over a detailed health history, an intro to anatomy, teaching of the self care massage, your 60 minute therapeutic massage, and follow up recommendations. You can attend the wellness workshop and apply it to this initial appointment.
This is for the motivated client who wants to take responsibility for their own health, with support and guidance. By making sure your digestion is working optimally, you are nourishing your soil and optimizing the groundwork of your whole well being.